Printer Offline How to Put Online
Are you looking for a printer offline how to put online? Wondering how to get printer online again from offline mode? Most of the users complain that they encounter the problem of printer is offline issue. Thinking what does printer is offline mean? Want to know the troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue? If so, then you have reached the right spot. We are here to assist you in solving this issue. In this article, you will get to know the meaning of the “printer is offline” and tricks for printer offline how to put online. Keep reading the article till the end and learn the simple steps to get back your printer to online mode.
How to Get Printer Online from Offline Mode?
If you are unable to print the documents from your printer due to the printer is offline error then look at the below steps to learn the way for printer offline how to put online. For this, you have to make some changes in your printer settings and get back your printer to the online mode. Go through the below steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Solution 1: Physical Check
You firstly need to check all the physical connections to troubleshoot the printer is offline issue. Follow the below steps to check physical connections:
- Step 1: Make sure that you have inserted the USB cable is inserted properly. In case, the printer is networked then ensure that you have inserted the Ethernet cable firmly.
- Step 2: In case, you have purchased your own USB A-B cable then use that cable in conjunction with your computer and printer.
- Step 3: Try to connect the end of the USB cable to the other ports of your computer or laptop.
Solution 2: Set your printer to online mode manually
In case, you have not set your printer as default then there is a possibility that you may face the printer is offline issue. Follow the below steps to set your printer default so that you will not encounter printer is offline error:
- Step 1: Firstly, you have to hit on the Start button which is located at the bottom left corner of the screen. After that, click on the Control Panel and then tap on the Devices and Printers.
- Step 2: In the next step, you have to right-click on the printer and select the “see what’s printing” option.
- Step 3: Now, you are navigated to the new window where you have to choose the Printer from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Step 4: At last, choose the “Use Printer Online” option from the drop-down menu.
Solution 3: Delete All Pending Print Jobs
You may also get an error message that the printer is offline due to multiple pending print jobs. Go through the below steps to delete all the pending print jobs:
- Step 1: The first step is to click on the start button and then go to the control panel.
- Step 2: Hit on the Devices and Printers option where you will find “see what’s printing”. Click on it and then tap on the “Cancel” button if any of the previous print jobs are available.
- Step 3: Once the print job is removed, you need to select the “Use printer online” option.
- Step 4: In case, any of the suborn print jobs remain then restart your printer and computer again.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Reinstall your Printer
Follow the below steps to reinstall your printer to resolve the printer is offline issue:
- Step 1: Firstly, right-click on your printer from “Devices and Printers”. Choose the “Remove device” option.
- Step 2: After that, add your printer by clicking on the “Add printer” option under the “Devices and Printers”.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Printer Drivers
Look at the below steps to reinstall the printer driver from your system to fix the printer is offline issue:
- Step 1: To reinstall the printer driver, you need to access the settings and then tap on the “printers” option. After that, choose your printer.
- Step 2: Thereafter, right-click on the “printer” option and go to the “properties”.
- Step 3: Now, you have to choose the “Driver” button for which you are looking for under “General” and “Details”. Choose your drivers.
- Step 4: Next, there is a possibility that you need to download the printer driver or software. You can easily download it from the official website of your printer.
- Step 5: In the next step, reinstall your printer. Go to the settings. After that, choose your printer under the “Printers” option.
- Step 6: At last, you have to delete the printer from the menu. You have to reinstall the printer using the “Add Printer” wizard.
That’s All! We hope that with the above-mentions troubleshooting tricks, you will get to know printer offline how to put online. After following these steps, your printer is showing online and enables you to print the documents. In case, if none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tricks work for you then there may be the possibility that there is any printer electronic issue. In that case, you can call us at our helpline number to talk with our professional expert team to get the best possible solution to the problem. You can also do a live chat with experts to get the solution to the problem.